Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Recommended Fitness Magazine

I struggled to find a good fitness magazine. Most of the fitness magazines,
specially for men, are in my opinion sleazy and too focused on "macho" subjects
involving pumping muscles, drinking protein shakes, eating meat and adult subjects.
Not to talk about cover pages ...

So in my quest to find a good fitness magazine with smart, useful and scientifically
accurate articles on exercise and nutrition I found "Runners World" to be magazine
of my choice.




While distance running is not the most applicable form of exercise for Judo
and grappling I find most of their articles very applicable.

The magazines web site is actually an excellent source as they make available
many of the greatest articles from the printed edition.

Here are some samples of the articles:

Eat Like a Champion

Lessons on Weight Loss

A Core Workout

Speed Play

No comments: